Many artists’ desire to make woodblock printmaking quickly turns to discouragement. From long materials lists to designing to printing, each step requires nuance. These challenges deter people from learning what can be a rewarding, low-cost, non-toxic craft.
In Beginning Watercolor Woodblock, you’ll learn Japanese Woodblock Printmaking one weekend. You’ll grasp the fundamentals using minimal supplies and simple steps without buying a ton of new art supplies or getting caught up in the intricate steps.
For years I struggled to learn woodblock printing. After taking this course, my students not only learned the fundamentals in a few days, they continue to create gorgeous work using this centuries-old process.
All you need to do is Enroll for Class by Friday the 23rd and have your materials ready by Saturday the 24th. Then show up for each class and do the assignments in around an hour. On Sunday, share your work with the rest of us, and we’ll celebrate your success.
After you take this course, you can:
- Ditch your toxic inks and chemicals
- Print with your favorite watercolors
- Stop saving for that expensive press you thought you needed
- Forget about the exhausting cleanup process with western inks and brayers.
- Make your best prints at the kitchen table
- Look forward to the relaxing sounds of carving wood
- Make high-quality prints faster than other printmaking methods
- Daily Projects
- Work-in-process feedback in the community forum
- Live group work-in-process feedback
- 10% off supplies in the shop